Lower Metal Frame on Locator Abutment
Time to complete the case – 2 clinical visits (12 working days):
- Take implant level impression, record the bite and send the impression to the lab with the impression coping.
- Fit appointment.
- Order laboratory analogue, locator abutment & Male Processing Package.
- Cast the impressions with gingival mask.
- Design & construct uni-lateral metal framework with a clear clasp.
- Mount the models on an articulator using the supplied bite.
- Wax up two teeth, and design the denture.
- Finish the denture in pink veined acrylic.
- The Dentist has opted for the lab to place the female housing in the denture. Cold cure the female metal housing in the anatomical fitting surface of the denture & check it locates with abutment on the model perfectly.
- Send to surgery for fit appointment.
- Cost effective
- Quick to make
- Easy to clean, the patient can remove the denture and clean it thoroughly
- Fully functional
- Dentures have been shown to improve self-esteem in patients
- Dentures support bone structure and facial muscles, thus decreasing the likelihood of bone recession
- A small uni-lateral denture is easy and comfortable to wear, it will not impair the patient’s speech
- Not suitable for all patients as there is a risk of swallowing small appliances
- Easily discoloured from coffee, wine or cigarettes
- The material absorbs scents
- It may affect the taste of food
- Least aesthetic option as denture teeth do not replicate patient’s anatomy
- In future the denture may become loose and will require modifications
In addition to MediMatch’s normal terms and conditions we would like to point out that:
- This protocol is based on very limited experience Medimatch has with their cases and should only be used as an indication and not restrictive in any way or form.
- This protocol was not based on experience in a clinical environment. Clinicians will use their own technique, according to individual experience and training.
- This protocol should not be followed if the circumstances are different or if in any way or form it is clinically not appropriate to follow it even if the circumstances are similar as in the protocol. Each clinician should make their own decisions and not be restricted to following a protocol made by Medimatch Dental Laboratory Ltd.
- MediMatch Dental Laboratory Ltd is in no way liable for any clinical procedures and will not take responsibility for the use of the content of this protocol in a clinical or non clinical environment. Each clinician is ultimately responsible for their own clinical decisions regardless of any advice given by MediMatch Dental Laboratory Ltd in any form.